Monday, May 16, 2005

Recovery Saying of the Day...

"Everything can be replaced except you."

When I first entered Gamblers Anonymous I thought that all of the problems I had were financial in nature. That if I could just get some money to "catch up" I wouldn't need to gamble anymore. But I could never come up with a good reason to explain the times I would be up thousands of dollars during a gambling session but wout eventually walk out the door with nothing. Finally, after a little bit of time since my last bet I have realized to appreciate what I have rather than wish for what I don't. Yes, money is a tool, and I am glad I have been slowly able to pay back those I owe, and acumulate a little for emergencies, but its does not hold the same place in my life that it once did.

No comments:

Post a Comment