Saturday, May 14, 2005

Day 909 - Appreciating A Beautiful Morning...

Good morning,

Today is one of those days I live in San Diego for. Already 70 degrees and clear at 8 AM. I decided I am going to hit a 9 AM meeting I haven't been to in a couple of months so I do not have a lot of time. I will post news a little later.

I woke up this morning almost the same way as I closed last night. With a CNN news program! This morning's was "Dolan's Unscripted". If you are unfamiliar it is loosely a financial advisor program. Today the entire show was dedicated to the increased level of gambling in the United States and worldwide. Interesting watching. Nothing too new for me personally, but whenever an entire episode is dedicated to the issue I am pleased. They were relatively balanced on the benefits vs. problems and even had an entire 7-8 minute interview with Keith Whyte, Executive Director of the National Council on Problem Gambling.

Quote of the morning from Mr. Whyte? "We estimate 7-8 million problem gamblers in the USA, and over 200,000 teenage problem gamblers this year."

I will talk to you more later. Everyone have a great day.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment