Monday, June 6, 2005

Sometimes The Program Just Fits Even Better Than Normal

Reflection for the Day

Adjusting myself to things as they are, and being able to love without trying to interfere with or control anyone else, however close to me-----that's one of the important things I search for and can find in Gamblers Anonymous. The learning is sometimes painful; however, the reward is life itself-----full and serene.

Is the Program helping restore me to a sane and reasonable way of thinking, so I can handle my interpersonal relationships with love and understanding?

Today I Pray

May I respect those I love enough to set them free-----to stop controlling, manipulating, scheming, bailing them out of trouble. May I love them enough to let them make their own mistakes and take responsibility for them. May I learn to let go.

Today I Will Remember

Loving is letting go.

The passage above is from the Gamblers Anonymous "One Day At A Time" book. Each day there is a reading to help bring us addicted gamblers back to earth and help us to keep from placing that last bet.

I don't normally post this on the blog. Many others do. But I do read it every day. Some days I am absolutely astonished at how the saying relates to my life. I swear to all that when I posted last night about my "ex" and how I always want to fix everything for her. Well, low and behold...I open up the book this morning and find the passage above! Uncanny!

So, I will try to learn from this "God thing" as some would call it.

Hope all is well with everyone.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment