Saturday, June 4, 2005

Day 930 - Communicating With The Ex

Evening All,

Not too much to impart today.. One of those rare days where I didn't get even a single news story related to the topic.

I have been in some e-mail communication with my ex-girlfriend "A" a lot today. I had not spoken with her much until today and then all of a sudden 10 e mails back and forth. She is in a crisis and I am trying to help her through it.

I guess I still have a lot of that "Mr. Fix It" mentality. The thinking that I can fix all things for someone else. In all honesty I am pretty good at it, but I have learned that for me to stress to hard about those times where I CANNOT do it myself is a dangerous thing. Dangerous things can lead me back to my old thinking. Including gambling.

But, as long as I am careful about it. I am glad to help her. I hurt her in so many ways while gambling. Also, I am not sure I will ever stop caring about her in a special way. She really has been the biggest love of my adult life.

But she isn't perfect. I used to think if I took care of every problem she faced, she would love me so much that nothing could tear us apart. I guess I know now that she must live some things on her own.

Anyway, my San Diego Padres got creamed tonight. But tomorrow is another day.

Thanks for letting me share.

John

P.S. - Added a couple of new links today.

No comments:

Post a Comment